ABOUT US

We provide highly motivating and inspiring leadership training and personal development programmes, tailored to your business and individual needs. We have a passion to assist others in their personal development and to help individuals and organisations grow and sustain change, allowing them to connect with their staff and customers in a real and effective way.

We combine a diverse range of learning styles and mediums with experience of over 20 years working for one of the largest international retailers within the UK. Our aim is to provide affordable coaching, development, and leadership programmes to organisations, groups and individuals that empower people to take full ownership of their learning, enabling them to better look after themselves and/or their customers.

Whether you are looking for a one-off lunchtime session or a programme to deliver cultural change, we can help. We have a wide range of programmes and workshops to help you manage change, build an effective team, improve communication, build morale and improve customer service and more!

Tuesday 14 May 2013

It's not easy being green . . .

To quote the great Kermit! I must admit I do the bare minimum when it comes to being echo friendly. Like most people I sort my rubbish into the three designated bins supplied by Thurrock council and shower more than bathe. I use left over bits from mineral water bottles to water my house plants (not sure if that saves the environment!) which is sort of recycling I guess.

We pretty much have a paperless office and we try to keep handouts for training to a minimum and email out the hints and tips packs etc after the training rather than printing them, but that is green as I get!

The effect #bedm has had on me reminds me of a workshop we run called the wheel of life which makes you look at different aspects of your life, such as creativity, health, family etc. You score each spoke of the wheel from 1 to 10 and it helps to identify aspects of your life you would like to work on. The suggested subject matter for the posts during #bedm have identified areas of myself I would like to work on and improve, such as doing more to improve my carbon footprint and trying to live a fitter healthier life style.

Some subjects I have really struggled to write post's about because I found I was embarrassed I didn't have a lot to write about. Take the book love post for example, I went into the panic zone thinking 'oh my god I don't read books' and 'I won't look like a very intelligent and well rounded person if I say I don't think a particular book has shaped my life' - in our world (positive change land) this is called negative mind talk! Let me tell you the little voices in my head where screaming 'your not good enough' that day. Mind talk is a very powerful thing and it can sometimes form limiting beliefs about our ability which stop us from reaching our full potential. We have a simple technique to get deal with negative mind talk and break it down to stop the little voices in our heads getting the better of us. It's really simple and it helped me to write my post about book love. I won't go into detail now but if anyone is interested you can drop me an e-mail (lucy@positivechangeconsultancy.com) to find out more.

I will leave you with something cute and green!


No comments:

Post a Comment