ABOUT US

We provide highly motivating and inspiring leadership training and personal development programmes, tailored to your business and individual needs. We have a passion to assist others in their personal development and to help individuals and organisations grow and sustain change, allowing them to connect with their staff and customers in a real and effective way.

We combine a diverse range of learning styles and mediums with experience of over 20 years working for one of the largest international retailers within the UK. Our aim is to provide affordable coaching, development, and leadership programmes to organisations, groups and individuals that empower people to take full ownership of their learning, enabling them to better look after themselves and/or their customers.

Whether you are looking for a one-off lunchtime session or a programme to deliver cultural change, we can help. We have a wide range of programmes and workshops to help you manage change, build an effective team, improve communication, build morale and improve customer service and more!

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Food for thought . . .

I love so many different foods for all different reasons!! I link food to happy memories and different foods remind me of different people and places.  The smell of certain foods can take me back in time.  Here are just a few  . . .

Roast Dinner - awww the Sunday roast is a great tradition in my family and roast dinners remind me of my Nan (Betty Rose). She made the best roast potatoes and nobody can match them.  I have tried a million times to recreate her roasties but I just can't manage it!  The roast sparks memories of lazy Sundays with nothing better to do but wait for dinner to be cooked.  The aroma of the roast filling the whole house and a day when everyone would sit down dinner together.

Lasagne - this dish is another all time favourite and my mum makes the best lasagne in the world!! Now when I am going to my mums house for dinner she asks what I want and she already knows the answer!! Lasagne is my ultimate comfort food! If I've been sick I want lasagne because it warms me up inside and makes me feel better. Mmmmm this subject is just making me hungry now!

Meat pies - my Grandad Ted's speciality!  Good old fashioned east end grub! Home made with mash potatoes and licker accompanied with lashings of pepper and vinegar!  Better than any pie and mash shop I have been to and trust me I've been to a few. My nan and grandad used to take me to Cooks in Hackney as a treat before pie and mash shops became trendy and could be found in every high street.

Ginger cake - reminds me of weekends at my dads.  My mum and dad got divorced and my dad joined ginger breads and he did a cooking course.  He learnt how to make spaghetti bolognase and sticky ginger cake.  We used to have our little set routine for the weekend Chinese take away Friday night,  spag bol sat night and I would beg him to make Gingerbreads Ginger Cake on Sunday's before he took me home.  I used to like the raw mix better than the actual cake and I used to like the fact we made it together.

Chicken noodle soup - reminds me of my 1st trip to New York.  Day's packed with sight seeing and shopping of course. Stopping off at the deli and picking up steaming hot chicken noodle soup and fresh crisp salad to eat in our hotel room while planning the next days adventures and watching old movies in bed.

I could go on forever!! What are your favourite foods and what memories do they spark?

No comments:

Post a Comment